Now that the summer tomato harvest is beginning for most of us, it seemed only right that we delve headlong into an easy, tasty tomato recipe. One of my favorite ways to prepare the little bulbs of sweetness known as cherry tomatoes is to roast them, so that’s what we’re going to explore today.
There is no doubt that when it comes to produce, tomatoes are at the top of my list of favorites. You can prepare them any way imaginable: slice them for a sandwich, coat and fry them when they’re green, chop them for salsa, slow cook and puree them for sauce… the delectable list goes on and on.
The best part about this particular recipe for Roasted Cherry Tomatoes is that if you can turn on the oven, you can make this amazing magic happen in less than half an hour.
- cherry tomatoes
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Halve the cherry tomatoes and place in a bowl.
- Drizzle just enough olive oil into the bowl to lightly coat.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt and toss to coat evenly.
- Spread tomatoes cut side up on a baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Bake at 400F for 20 minutes.