1. You are not always right. Even if you’re a Leo (like me), what you think or believe is not going to be right all the time, every time. The good news? Nobody is right all the time and the world is still turning.
2. You are not a failure. Mistakes and bad choices don’t make you a failure. Giving up does. Don’t give up, even if you have to change directions from time-to-time.
3. You have not cornered the market on pain. No matter what has happened to you, someone somewhere has been through worse. The fact that you are alive and reading this means that you still have opportunity. Don’t squander it by feeling sorry for yourself and expecting others to follow suit.
4. You can make your life better. That “you can’t teach an old dog new tricks” thing? Total crap. If you need a change, come up with a plan and take the first step. You don’t get what you wish for, you get what you work for. Boom.
5. You can improve the lives of others. Sometimes that is by being a part of their life, sometimes it is by walking away. Learn to spot the difference and have enough respect for yourself (and for them) to do what needs to be done.
6. You are loved. Regardless of how much of an ass you have been, or how much bad you may have done in your lifetime, regardless of how you may have been told otherwise, you are worth loving, and you are loved.