If you don’t love pasta, I don’t know what is wrong with you. What I do know is that my homemade baked ziti will probably cure you of whatever it is.
Homemade Baked Ziti
Author: Michael Nolan
Recipe type: Entree
- 1 pound ziti pasta
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 quart marinara sauce
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 6-8 slices provolone cheese
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees
- Cook ziti according to package directions, until al dente. Drain and return to saucepan.
- Brown ground beef with onion and drain off fat.
- Add beef and marinara to saucepan and stir to combine.
- Spread ⅓ of the meat and pasta mixture in a large casserole dish.
- Add the sour cream, followed by another layer of meat & pasta.
- Add the provolone in a layer, followed by meat & pasta.
- Top with mozzarella and bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.