No one will believe this rich, flavorful dish came from the slow cooker, so just let them believe you labored for hours.
Thai Peanut Chicken in the Slow Cooker
Author: Michael Nolan
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cored and sliced into ¼" strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 small bunch green onion for garnish
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- ⅓ cup roasted peanuts for garnish
- Add chicken broth and soy sauce to the crock pot followed by chicken and red peppers.
- Sprinkle cumin, red pepper flakes, salt & pepper and garlic over the chicken. Stir just enough to combine.
- Cook on LOW setting for 4 hours.
- Pour off the liquid and mix it with the peanut butter, corn starch and lime juice. The result should be quite thick.
- Add the sauce back to the crock pot and stir through. Cover crock pot and cook on LOW setting for 1 hour or on HIGH setting for 30 minutes.
Serve over steamed rice or Asian-style noodles, garnished with chopped green onions and cilantro.