When it comes to classic Italian pasta dishes, Fettuccine Alfredo is easily at the top of the list. So many home cooks fail to recreate the lush, creamy flavor because they use a store bought Alfredo sauce in a jar that doesn’t even come close.
With my simple Alfredo sauce recipe, you will never have to resort to such extreme measures again to have classic Fettuccine Alfredo at home. You should know though, that this is not a recipe for dieters! No matter how hard I have tried over the years, I just can’t make a low-fat version that matches the brilliant flavor.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup finely grated good quality Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons dried parsley
- salt & pepper
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium high heat.
- Stir in heavy cream and cook until it begins to bubble, but not quite boil.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese and whisk constantly until thoroughly melted, about 1 minute.
- Stir in dried parsley and taste for seasoning. Add salt & pepper as needed.
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain. Return pasta to cooking pot and toss with Alfredo sauce.
- Plate and serve.
- To make this meal even more special, add roasted or grilled chicken or shrimp.