I don’t often share my own recipes for sweet and desserts, but I couldn’t resist this one. Peanut butter cookies make the world a better place, don’t you agree?
It recipe is as no-frills as they come, but when they taste this good, who needs frills?
- 1/4 cup sifted flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
First, a hint: If you don’t have a sifter, you can pour flour into a bowl and use a simple wire whisk to accomplish the same thing. Whisk the flour and then spoon it carefully into a measuring cup.
PREHEAT the oven to 375 degrees.
1. Add the first three (dry) ingredients to a small mixing bowl and whisk together to blend.
2. In a second mixing bowl add the remaining ingredients and mix well until creamed.
3. Add dry ingredients a little at a time and stir well until completely incorporated.
4. Form small dough balls about 1″ in diameter and place on a baking sheet lightly coated with cooking spray. Be sure to leave plenty of space for the cookies to expand so put not more than a dozen on a sheet at once.
5. Using a regular table fork, press each dough ball down slightly to make an indention. Repeat the process at a 90 degree angle from the first to make the crosshatch design. Dip the form in water often to keep it from sticking to the dough.
6. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes. Pull from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for at least 5 minutes before moving the cookies to a cooling rack.