I don’t often share my own recipes for sweet and desserts, but I couldn’t resist this one. Peanut butter cookies make the world a better place, don’t you agree?
It recipe is as no-frills as they come, but when they taste this good, who needs frills?
- ¼ cup sifted flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- PREHEAT the oven to 375 degrees.
- Add the first three (dry) ingredients to a small mixing bowl and whisk together to blend.
- In a second mixing bowl add the remaining ingredients and mix well until creamed.
- Add dry ingredients a little at a time and stir well until completely incorporated.
- Form small dough balls about 1″ in diameter and place on a baking sheet lightly coated with cooking spray. Be sure to leave plenty of space for the cookies to expand so put not more than a dozen on a sheet at once.
- Using a regular table fork, press each dough ball down slightly to make an indention. Repeat the process at a 90 degree angle from the first to make the crosshatch design. Dip the form in water often to keep it from sticking to the dough.
- Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes. Pull from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for at least 5 minutes before moving the cookies to a cooling rack.